CUTS International is implementing a project entitled ‘Evaluation of Competitiveness among North Indian States: Lessons from the US’, with support from the United States (US) Embassy, New Delhi. The purpose of the project is to gather and assimilate information on reforms undertaken by six North Indian states, namely, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab and Haryana, to propel Ease of Doing Business.
There is a certain similarity in the federal structures between the United States (US) and India where the different states have the necessary powers to influence their business climate. Hence, learning and guidance from the US experts would be gathered as well..
Ultimately, the project seeks to bring relevant stakeholders from each of the select states and the select experts from the US on one platform for cross learning and discussion on the way forward.
- The unease in ease of doing business
Asian Age, Sept 28, 2017
- EODB been interpreted by states as ease of granting entry, real constraints begin after biz is established
KNN India, August 31, 2017
- India’s ease of doing biz isn’t just about permits
Asian Age, November 09, 2016
- How Does India Score Well on Competitiveness But Poorly on Ease of Doing Business?
The Wire, Oct 17, 2016
- Ease of Doing Business in Uttarakhand
Gharwal Post, July 28, 2016