Despite periodical recognition of the importance of economic impact assessment of judicial decisions, some of the recent judgements/order of the Supreme Court of India (SC) and National Green Tribunal (NGT) indicate that this idea is yet to gain broader acceptance.
In order to address such challenges, it is important to highlight the economic impacts of judicial decisions through a structured and systematic process. This could aid in economically sound decision making by exemplifying the benefits of economic impact assessment of judicial decisions to the relevant stakeholders. In parallel, there is a need to create a public discourse among key policymakers, members of the judiciary, and academia for promoting an economically responsible approach while deciding cases.
- NITI Aayog Studying How Judges Can Help Economics Beat Environmental Concerns
- Economic aspects are important, so too is environment
- Niti Aayog commissions study to assess “unintended” economic impact of select SC, NGT decisions
- How do SC, NGT judgments impact the economy? NITI Aayog commissions study to find out
- NITI Aayog orders study on ‘economic impact’ of judicial decisions
- NITI Aayog study to track economic impact of green verdicts
News click, February 13, 2021
Herald Goa, February 13, 2021
Outlook India, February 10, 2021
The Print, February 09, 2021
Indian Express, February 08, 2021
The Hindu, February 07, 2021