Digital Economy – Towards Inclusive Digital Economy
CUTS Centre for Competition, Investment and Economic Regulation (C-CIER) and CUTS Institute for Regulation and Competition (CIRC) have been publishing India Competition and Regulation Report (ICRR), a report on the state of competition and regulation in India every second year since 2007.
As the COVID-19 pandemic struck havoc on the economy at large, digital businesses provided much needed services to consumers. As economies move towards building a robust post-COVID recovery, the eighth edition of the ICRR is dedicated to the digital economy with the theme of ‘Towards Inclusive Digital Economy in a post-Covid era’.
The Report contains a total of 9 chapters. The first chapter takes ‘An Overview’ of the competition and regulatory developments in India. The chapter on Perception and Awareness Reporting provides the perspectives of consumers and business on the digital economy. Further, the report contains the following chapters:
• Contours of Competition Policy in the Digital Economy;
• Artificial Intelligence and Tacit Algorithmic Collusions;
• Regulatory Challenges for Developing Countries in the Digital Space;
• Emerging Concerns about the E-Commerce Ecosystem in India in the Evolving Digital Economy;
• Enabling Universal Access to Health and Education using Digital Means in Post-COVID India; and
• Evolution of Privacy Regime in India: Issues, Concerns and the Way Forward
The final chapter, the Epilogue gives a way forward of the challenges which need to be solved.
Contact Person and Implementing Organisation:
Consumer Unity & Trust Society (CUTS)
Centre for Competition, Investment & Economic Regulation (C-CIER)
D-217 Bhaskar Marg, Bani Park
Jaipur 302 016, India
Tel: 91.141.228 2821, Fax: 91.141.228 2485
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org