- Final Conference
- Bringing Competition Concerns in West Africa to the attention of the International Community
- PRATIQUES ANTICONCURRENTIELLES: une étude du Cres engage la responsaliilité de l’Etat du Sénégal
- Pour réglementer la concurrence en Afrique de l’Ouest
Constituency Building for Competition Reforms in West Africa
August 06-07, 2010,Dakar, Senegal
Geneva, Novemlier 12, 2010
Info Eco Finance, Senegal, August 08, 2010
NRG Meeting I (National Reference Group First Round Meetings)
The first round of the NRG meetings were held in the month of September – October 2008 in the country capitals.
There were mainly three purposes of these meetings:
- to introduce the project (objective, outcome, outline) to a select group of key national stakeholders,
- to organise these stakeholders into the NRG by sharing ways in which they could contribute to the project and benefit from it, and
- to get their views on a preliminary paper on the state of competition prepared for each project country.
The meetings were quite successful in all the project countries in raising the level of interest of key stakeholders/institution on national competition issues. In some countries certain amount of enthusiasm was also noted in the government to transform the NRG into a formal group/think tank on competition at the national level.