CUTS International, a global policy research and advocacy group, organised a two-day consumer awareness workshop on Data Protection and Privacy & Impact of Personal Data Protection Bill, 2018 (PDPB) in Jaipur on July 18-19, 2019. The workshop engaged with key local stakeholders with an intention to build their capacity to further engage with citizens and policy makers productively on the issues of privacy and data protection, and also help consumers’ put forth their perspective. The closing session of the workshop was marked by a panel discussion on ‘India’s privacy protection policy: Will the consumers feel empowered or enraged?’.
Several stakeholders participated in the discussion, including policy influencers, senior bureaucrats, industry representatives, academia, civil society, think tanks, media, among others.
- Data Protection and Privacy & Impact of Personal Data Protection Bill – Swati Punia
- Consent as an Instrument to Protect User Privacy – Rishab Bailey
- Personal Data Protection Bill 2018: Rights and entitlements – Beni Chugh
- Enforcement & Redress of Data Protection Rights – Prasanna S
- Data and Consent in Financial Sector- Srikanth Lakshmanan
- We are unknowingly leaking personal information
- Despite the deletion, Facebook still keeps personal information